Park Avenue Accommodation Group Pty Ltd ACN 125 245 007 (hereinafter known as “Park Avenue”, “Us”, “We”, “Our”) respects the privacy of all our customers and business contacts, and is committed to safeguarding the personal information which We collect, store and use. Park Avenue is subject to the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act).
Unless we obtain your written consent, we will not sell, disclose, licence or rent your personal information to a third party for that third party’s marketing purposes.
What is Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person and includes your Information. Information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific person is not personal information.
How information is collected
Park Avenue operates serviced apartments, townhouses and suites under the brand names Park Avenue – Glenview Glen Waverley, Park Avenue – IKON Glen Waverley, Park Avenue – Glen Waverley Townhouses, Park Avenue – Mulgrave Townhouses, Park Avenue – Mount Waverley, Park Avenue – Forest Hill. Park Avenue also provides a booking service for serviced apartments listed on our website. In order to provide customers with a quality booking service, Park Avenue offers customers the ability to make reservations through four different sales channels:
1. A central booking office provides a telephone reservations service.
2. In-person sales are available by completing a booking form in our Head Office.
3. An email booking form can be requested by phone and sent via email.
4. Online sales are available through our websites www.parkavenue.com.au and www.serviced-apartments.com.au
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
1. when you provide information directly to Us in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic, via our communication tools or otherwise);
2. when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case, We record information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device; and
3. from third parties such as Our related entities, service providers to Us, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the Website.
What we collect:
1. your name, user ID’s and passwords, phone number, mobile telephone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
2. financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers. If you make a purchase through our website, we process your credit card details securely over the Internet using an Internet payment security system. With the combination of Park Avenue’s SSL encryption at our website and a secure browser at your end, we take all measures to ensure that your credit card and anonymity are protected when you purchase online.
3. ;records and content of communications with Us or any other person including when using Website communication tools;
4. personal information based on your activities on the Website;
5. personal information you provide to us through any correspondence (including email correspondence) or shared by you from other social media such as Facebook and TripAdvisor, or other websites;
6. to the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information;
8. personal information from your interaction with the Website and its content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
Information is not associated with you personally unless you have registered an account with the Website.
Why we collect information & How it is used
We collect, use and store personal information about you to provide you with access to Our website and to provide services to you.
You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
1. operate the Website, generate content and provide customer support and billing services (including updates and improvements);
2. provide the services requested by you;
3. research, develop and improve Our services;
4. to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Our services;
5. to generate statistics in relation to the Website;
8. verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
10. contact you at your contact details we have collected, by way of voice call, post, text message or email;
11. aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
12. collect fees, resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
13. notify you about the Website and updates to the Website from time to time; or
14. supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by notifying us in writing at the email address below.
Disclosure to third parties
Park Avenue does not sell personal information. However, you agree that we may disclose your personal information to:
2. comply with any applicable law, request by a government agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
3. respond to or resolve claims that a person has violated the rights of others;
4. protect a person’s rights, property or safety;
5. Our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
6. outsourced service providers who assist Us to provide Our services such as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Website operations);
7. third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
8. credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
Storage and security of personal information
Reasonable steps are taken to ensure the security of personal information from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modifications or disclosure.
Park Avenue protects the personal information it collects in a secure database, in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools. Data collected online is stored in a Microsoft SQL database. Park Avenue employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Park Avenue as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information.
Accessing and amending your personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which Park Avenue holds about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To provide you with access to personal information about you, Park Avenue would usually provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our databases, or if relevant, with photocopies of information stored in paper files. If you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, please set out your request in writing, including your phone number, and forward this to our Privacy Officer at the address below. In the interests of protecting the privacy of individuals about whom we hold personal information, we will require that you verify your identity by enclosing a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport with your written request (this will be returned to you after your identity has been verified). Ordinarily, Park Avenue will not charge you for the cost of providing this type of access to these records. However, if we do propose to charge you, we will advise you of the relevant charge before we provide you with access. If you wish to discuss our method of providing access, please contact our Privacy Officer with your query. If you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out-of-date, please contact our Privacy Officer via post or email shown below. Park Avenue’s policy is to consider any requests for access or correction within 21 days.
2. Cookies may be used to provide you with our range of services including:
a. to identify you as a user the Website,
b. to remember your browsing preferences,
c. to remember your reservation choices so that they can be used to book your reservation,
d. to customise and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our promotions, advertising and marketing,
e. to analyse your usage of the Website so that we can make it even better, and
f. for security purposes.
Contact Details for Privacy Related Matters
by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
by facsimile on (03) 9590 6170
by letter to PO Box 630, Glen Waverley, 3150
To make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how we handle your personal information, you may contact or write to us using the methods provided below. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received (generally within 21 days). If you are not satisfied by our response, you may obtain further information regarding privacy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au.
Park Avenue has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information on this web site is accurate at the time of publication, but We provide no guarantees, warranties or undertakings that the information contained on this web site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. There may be errors on this web site for which Park Avenue apologises and disclaims all liability.
Copyright in the information and material on this web site is vested in Park Avenue under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), the laws of other countries and international treaties. Park Avenue reserves all intellectual property and other rights in relation to the information and material on this web site.
This web site displays a number of logos, trade marks and other intellectual property. The Park Avenue name and logo are trade marks of Park Avenue. Access to this web site does not constitute a licence to use or copy any logos, trade marks or other intellectual property owned by Park Avenue, any related entity of Park Avenue or any third party.
No logo, trade mark or other intellectual property of Park Avenue or any related entity may be used as a hyperlink or in any other way without Park Avenue’s express and prior written permission.
Advertising and links to other web sites
This web site contains links to third party web sites. These linked web sites are not under the control of Park Avenue and Park Avenue is not responsible for the contents of any linked web site or any hyperlink contained in a linked web site. Park Avenue provides links as a convenience only and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked web site by Park Avenue, any related entity of Park Avenue or any member of Park Avenue’s personnel. Your visit to any linked web site is entirely at your own risk.
This website is not guaranteed to be free from viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems. Your use of this web site is at your own risk.
This Legal Policy was last updated on: 13 February 2017